Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dixieland delight


Sorry I'm such a blogging tease. I was quite the active blogger last week, and then nothing. Whatever did you do with yourselves? I apologize. But I was MIA for good reason: My little sister turned 21, so I went down to Alabama for a visit. Coincidentally, this past weekend was also her school's Homecoming, and she was in charge of the parade (wow!), so I thought I'd share a few photos here. Don't worry, crafty endeavors will return soon. I've actually been fairly productive recently despite all the election brouhaha and lots of exciting copy editing.

It took a lot of work -- and sweet-talking -- to get the parade going, but everything eventually fell into place, the judges took their seats and the show began.











Then it was time for football (No.-1-team-in-the-nation football, if I might add)...





We sat in the student section, which made me feel old...



But we were next to the Queen, which was cool.



Of course, there were typical birthday shenanigans as well.



Looks like she liked her gifts.



All in all, a good weekend. Happiness.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to your sister! She did a great job on that parade! I'm impressed!