I made the Wallis Cardigan from Interweave Knits Summer for my mom's birthday. I like how it turned out...perhaps I'll make one for myself. I haven't put the buttons on it yet because I was literally knitting down to the wire on this one (several nights of three-hour naps and a mad race to the post office at 11:30 last Saturday morning). But when I see her next, I'll add them on. I made the smallest size using six balls of Ella Rae Baby Cotton. More photos over at Ravelry (subtropicalkatie).
Friday, June 27, 2008
Monday, June 9, 2008
I saw this over at One Scheme of Happiness, and it looked fun!
-Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
-Using only the first page, pick an image.
-Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into the mosaic maker.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One Word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name
1. Katie and Nichole, 2. I *heart* Tater Tots, 3. Cuthbert, 4. I want to be where the Sun warms the sky, 5. CROP CIRCLE MAKER - Matthew Williams, 6. i love you water. i miss you diet coke., 7. Iceberg Graveyard in Antarctica, 8. Chocolate Cupcakes, 9. one would., 10. Autumn in the Mountains, 11. L'été indien, 12. Great Wooden Roof
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Congrats to Jacob for being the first North Dakotan visitor and winner of my North Dakota contest! Although, he's not a knitter, he still gets a prize—a lovely hand-knit scarf, which I will make one of these days. Special thanks and shout-out to Kate and Barbs, who facilitated all this! Turns out my North Dakotan visitor is my friend's mom's friend's friend's son—I think, whew! And in honor of this joyous day, here are a few of my favorite photos from my days as a prairie princess, aka North Dakota resident:
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
And I'm done. The reason I started this blog back in fall was to commiserate with others over the Vogue Knitting lacy dress from last summer. And finally, just 10 months after I started, it's finished—well, mostly. I still have to weave in ends and sucker some poor sap—Richele or Sippi, this means you—into photoing me modeling it. Until then, a taste:
And there are plenty more where these came from over at Ravelry (subtropicalkatie).