Monday, October 27, 2008

Stimulating the economy



Get excited, folks. The photo quality on this blog is about to get better. This weekend, in a moment of fiscal irresponsibility/economic duty, I went out and bought myself a new camera. A new Nikon D90, to be precise. After an hour of haggling over, well, nothing with the sales girl and a sizable depletion of my bank account, I am now the proud owner of my very own digital SLR. And I couldn't be happier. I love my old camera. It's a very nice digital prosumer (Nikon Coolpix 5700) -- it was top of the line when I got it in 2002 -- but six years is a long time in digital camera years, and it was time for an upgrade.

My old lovely:


My new lovely:


I haven't gotten to play around with it as much as I would like yet because the majority of this weekend was spent hiding from the rain or scurrying to meet some fast-approaching deadlines for work. But here are a couple of shots of randomness to quell your appetites (OK, to quell my appetite). Soon enough, my friends, soon enough. Happy Monday.




No comments: