Monday, October 22, 2007

'So close, I can nearly taste it'

It's rainy, gross, flooding, and tornadoey in Nola today. And Ravelry is teasing me with this little piece of information:

182 people are ahead of you in line.

So close! But still so far away...tomorrow, I can feel it. But it was not a completely disappointing day. My friend Richele let me play on her Ravelry and I came home to a pleasant (and slightly rained on) surprise—a package of beautiful fabric treats from Purl. Now I can make some beautiful things out of Amy Karol's book, including but not limited to the clutch on the cover and the lap quilt.




And now that I'm essentially done with a big work project that has been eating all my free time for the past month or so, I have time to knit again. So far, I've made one sock, one Fetching fingerless glove, and part of Bryant's Slipover vest. I'm using the recommended Garnstudio Drops Alpaca yarn for the vest, and I love it so far. I'm using a heather green (#7815) and tan (#302), and they're blending really well. I'm quite pleased.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

fabulous fabric!
love that you finished one sock and one fingerless glove!
love the vest too.